The ACCA Qualification is the world leading accountancy qualification for aspiring financial professionals – providing students with the skills, knowledge and values to have successful careers and lead the organisations they work with into the future. The ACCA qualification is recognised all around the world for its high standards of expertise, professionalism and ethics. Moreover, the sought-after ACCA qualification is extremely flexible. One can study part-time and work at the same time thus gaining experience in today’s fast-paced business world.
Do you want to further your education and become qualified in finance and accounting? Then ACCA is the right qualification for you.
Most students seek qualification whilst working and manage to do so over an average of three to four years. The ACCA qualification requires students to pass thirteen exams, depending on prior experience and qualifications (one may get up to nine exam exemptions).
Exam sittings for BT/F1 (Business and Technology), MA/F2 (Management Accounting) and FA/F3 (Financial Accounting) are flexible and can happen at our Academy at any time of the year as these are Computer Based Exams (CBEs). Remaining exam sittings happen four times a year – in March, June, September and December except LW/F4 (Corporate and Business Law Malta), TX/F6 (Taxation Malta) and ATX/P6 (Advanced Taxation Malta). For these three Maltese variants modules, a student can sit the exam only during the June and December sittings. These modules are delivered by KPMG subject matter experts.
Why become ACCA qualified with KPMG Learning Academy?
- KPMG Learning Academy offers the full range of ACCA modules through Kaplan, one of the world’s largest and most diverse education provider. These ACCA modules are presented as interactive lectures delivered online by a tutor.
- Live Online offers students the benefits of the traditional classroom but with the flexibility of the online environment. The lessons are fully interactive, delivered live by Kaplan’s expert tutors following the same exam focused material and structure as traditional classroom courses.
- All courses include ACCA approved printed study materials and online resources. Live Online courses are available in the afternoon and evening so you have a wider choice.
- KPMG Learning Academy’s ACCA courses are registered under the GET QUALIFIED initiative that supports the personal development of individuals for the achievement of qualifications and certifications required by industry.
F.A.Q – ACCA
Students usually finish the ACCA qualification in 3-4 years taking into consideration that there are 4 exam sittings per year and resits for any failed modules
- AB, MA, FA – On Demand
- LW, TX, ATX – June & December
- PM, FR, AA, FM, SBL, SBR, AAA – March, June September, December
- Initial Registration Fees – ACCA & The Malta Institute of Accountants
- AnnualRegistration Fees - ACCA & The Malta Institute of Accountants
- Course Fees - Link
- Exam Fees – Link (https://www.accaglobal.com/vn/en/qualifications/accountancy-career/fees/fees-charges.html?countrycode=Malta
You may register as an ACCA student via accaglobal.com in order to start studying ACCA and obtain an ACCA registration number. ACCA have facilitated this process so it is relatively easy to apply.
Upon applying, you will be given a choice to either apply as ACCA or as FIA student. If you do not hold the minimum entry requirements which are 2 A’levels and 3 O’levels (including Maths and English, either as an A’Level or as an O’Level and across 5 separate subjects) you may apply as an FIA student. The only difference between applying as an ACCA student or as an FIA student is that you cannot apply for any papers under the skills section (LW-FM) prior to finishing from AB - FA if you apply as an FIA student.
You would need to provide a list of documents during your application process as detailed below:
Proof of any qualifications
Proof of identity (Identity Card or Passport)
Each document file size must not exceed 2 MB. A maximum of 20 files may be uploaded. Permitted file types include:
- Plain text files (TXT format)
- Microsoft Word (DOC format)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS format)
- Images (in BMP, GIF, JPEG or TIFF format)
- Adobe PDF
Once your register with ACCA, you would need to register with the local joint examination centre, namely the Malta Institute of Accountants (MIA). To register with MIA, you would need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising them that you would like to register as an ACCA/MIA student whilst also providing them with your ACCA registration number as well as a scanned copy of your ID card from front and back. Subsequently, you will be asked to settle the initial/annual registration fee as part of their student registration process.
Live Online offers students the benefits of the traditional classroom but with the flexibility of the online environment. The lessons are fully interactive, delivered live by Kaplan’s expert tutors following the same exam focussed material and structure as traditional classroom courses. All courses include ACCA approved printed study materials and online resources. Live Online courses are available in the afternoon and evening so you have a wider choice.
Learning online allows you to study anywhere in the world via a broadband Internet connection, giving you the freedom to fit your studies around your lifestyle. Lectures follow a set timetable, just like in the classroom and lecture recordings are available to stream from the Live Online Community should you miss one.
In summary, Live Online Classes consist of:
- Separate Tuition and Face to face Revision phases covering knowledge and application to the paper
- Classroom focused materials
- Live, interactive lectures are accessible on the move via smart phone or tablet
- Expert tutors drawn from a professionally qualified faculty with 10 years average teaching experience per tutor
- Expert tutor help available via live chat, email or phone
- Practice and mock exams
Moreover, the Live Online Community includes:
- Recordings of classes available 24 hours after class to watch again
- Tutor support between timetabled classes
- Peer to peer support
- Online course calendar with reminders
Here is a brief description as to why more and more students are opting for live online lectures with Kaplan: https://youtu.be/h7AgqLxLAdU
By applying for Malta Enterprise’s ‘Get Qualified Scheme’ you will be granted tax credits on the fees paid to ACCA (registration fees), MIA (registration fees) and KPMG Learning Academy (course fees and exam fees). Through this scheme you will be able to recover 70% of the costs incurred. Since the ACCA qualification is split into 3 sections, we recommend applying for the scheme in 3 parts. You can register by following this link
(https://getqualified.maltaenterprise.com/login); you can find KPMG Learning Academy as one of the approved tuition providers.
AB, MA, FA – You can apply for exams through a tuition provider who is an approved Computer Based Exam Centre
LW, PM, TX, FR, AA, FM, SBR, SBL, AAA, ATX – You can apply by logging into your MyACCA account. It is very important to adhere to the examination entry deadlines; you can find these deadline via this link (https://www.accaglobal.com/fees)
AB, MA, FA – Computer Based Exams (2 hour exams)
LW, PM, TX, FR, AA, FM – Computer Based Exams (3 hour exams)
SBR, , AAA, ATX – Paper Based Exams (3 hour exams)
SBL – Paper Based Exam (4 hour exam)
+356 2563 6363
+356 9963 6363
KPMG Learning Academy
23, Vincenzo Dimech Street
Floriana FRN 1502
You can start from any module within the Diploma stage namely AB, FA or MA.
What if I have a qualification which may entitle me for exemptions?
You can check which exemptions you will be granted by inputting your qualification details on the ACCA Exemptions Calculator (https://www.accaglobal.com/an/en/help/exemptions-calculator.html)
The ACCA qualification is split into 3 parts as detailed below:
- AB, MA, FA – Diploma Level (MQF Level 5)
- LW, PM, TX, FR, AA, FM – Degree Level (MQF Level 6)
- SBL, SBR, ATX, AAA – Masters Level (MQF Level 7)