Mechanics of the Statement of Cashflows – Intermediate Level
This module qualifies for 1.5 hour of Structured CPE and is categorised as an activity relevant to the attainment of Core Competencies in terms of the MIA CPE Regulations.
Why you should follow this course
Key performance indicators that stakeholders should be well aware of are included in the Companyâ€™s cash flows generated from and used in operating, investing and financing activities. Such information is often overlooked in lieu of figures reported in the statements of comprehensive income and financial position. The statement of cash flows is a crucial planning tool for any businessâ€™s long term success and it portrays a full view of the sources through which cash flowed into the entity and how it was utilized.
The first part of this intermediate session is designed to briskly highlight some of the key concepts and disclosure requirements as set out in IAS7.
The session will go on to demonstrate a practical example on how to prepare the statement of cash flows in line with International Financial Reporting Standards under the indirect method. The practical part of the session will deal with the following cases:
– Acquisitions and disposals of fixed assets
– Treatment of depreciation
– Treatment of deferred payments of fixed assets
– Movements from inventory to fixed assets
– Treatment of impaired investments
– Acquisitions and disposals of investments
– Movements between reserves
– Treatment of interest income
– Treatment of dividends receivable and payable
– Treatment of current taxation
– Borrowings and loan repayments
– Working capital changes
- Guided Learning 1.5 hours
- MQF level N/A
- Language English
- Assessments Paper B.Exam