ACCA Advanced Performance Management (APM/P5)
To apply relevant knowledge, skills and exercise professional judgement in selecting and applying strategic management accounting techniques in different business contexts and to contribute to the evaluation of the performance of an organisation and its strategic development.
Kindly refer to the ‘Schedule’ tab to view the next timetable
Live On-line Lectures
Live Online offers students the benefits of the traditional classroom but with the flexibility of the online environment. The lessons are fully interactive, delivered live by Kaplan’s expert tutors following the same exam focused material and structure as traditional classroom courses. All courses include ACCA approved printed study materials and online resources.
Learning online allows you to study anywhere in the world via a broadband Internet connection, giving you the freedom to fit your studies around your lifestyle. Lectures follow a set timetable, just like in the classroom and lecture recordings are available to stream from the Live Online Community should you miss one.
In summary, Live Online Classes consist of:
– Separate Tuition and Revision phases covering knowledge and application to the paper
– Classroom focused materials including fast track notes, study text, revision book and pocket notes.
– Live, interactive lectures accessible on the move via smart phone or tablet
– Expert tutors drawn from a professionally qualified faculty with 10 years average teaching experience per tutor
– Expert tutor help available via live chat, email or phone
– Practice and mock exams
Moreover, the Live Online Community includes:
– Recordings of classes available 24 hours after class to watch again
– Tutor support between timetabled classes
– Peer to peer support
– Online course calendar with reminders
The syllabus is assessed by a three hour 15 minutes examination
– Section A: Section A of the exam will always be a 50 mark case study based on an organisation in a particular business context. It will include the organisation’s mission statement and strategic objectives and candidates will be expected to be able to assess the methods by which the organisation is controlling, managing and measuring performance in order to achieve its objectives. This assessment could include an evaluation of the organisation’s performance report, its information systems, new strategies or projects and its performance management and measurement systems. Candidates should understand that they will be expected to undertake calculations, draw comparison against relevant information where appropriate and be prepared to offer alternative recommendations as needed. Management accountants are required to look across a range of issues which will affect organisational performance, the achievement of objectives and impact on operations and so candidates should expect to see Section A of the exam focus on a range of issues from across syllabus sections A, C and D. These will vary depending on the business context the case study in Section A is based on. Section A will also include four professional marks which will be awarded for the candidate’s approach to the format requested for the answer, for example a report to the Board of Directors.
– Section B: Candidates will be required to answer a further two 25 mark questions in Section B of the exam, which will normally comprise of scenario based questions. One of the Section B questions will come mainly from syllabus section E, however the other Section B question can come from any other syllabus section. Section B questions will also require candidates to address a range of issues influencing performance of organisations in specific business situations.
Exam resources: Click Here to view Exam Resources
Syllabus and Study Guide: Click Here to view Syllabus and Study Guide
Students Studying for the ACCA qualification through KPMG Learning Academy benefit from a tax credit of 70% of the costs incurred via the Get Qualified Scheme.
- Guided Learning 75 hours
- MQF level 7
- Language English
- Assessments Paper B.Exam