Data Management & Quality
Businesses worldwide are investing billions in an effort to unlock data secrets and handle their enormous disruptive potential. Data Governance is a key component of this journey.
Ensuring that you can trust the data you base your decisions on, is a fundamental component of the process to become data-driven. Effective data governance leads to better insight from data, improved decision- making and operations support.
KPMG Learning Academy (Malta) has teamed up with KPMG Academy Cyprus to co-host this value-adding training. The trainer, a Senior Manager with extensive knowledge and experience in the field, will share with the participants tools and concepts necessary for establishing data governance and quality processes within an organisation. In addition, she will cover all data governance and data quality frameworks, relevant considerations and important concepts.
By attending the webinar, participants will understand the need for establishing data governance/quality procedures within their organisation, as well as comprehend the necessary next steps to pursue.
The session is aimed for company owners and managers, executives tasked with data management and analytics within organisations, chief data officers, CIOs, CEOs, chief operating officers, chief commercial officers and other related professionals.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Recognise the subjects of data quality and governance
- Explain the framework for both data quality and governance and name the components of each
- Acknowledge challenges and ways to overcome them
- Define the concept of data governance and data quality
- Check their organisation’s data maturity by following important steps
- Implement steps towards establishing data quality and data governance rules within their organisations
- Demonstrate roles and responsibilities within data governance
- Appreciate the importance of data governance and quality during the journey to become data-driven
- Intend to participate in strategic discussions concerning data and management decision-making.
1. What is Advanced Data Management? (30 min)
- What is Data Management
- What is Data Governance?
- Why is it important?
2. Data Governance Framework (3 hrs)
- Deep dive into the data governance framework
- Objectives, goals, processes
- Possible organisation models
- Developing Data Governance (DG) policy
- Roles & responsibilities – ownership & stewardship
- Data change management processes
- 12 Pillars of Advanced Data Management
- Importance and explanation of each pillar
- Role of each pillar
3. Data Quality Framework (1 hr)
- Deep dive into data quality framework
- Build Trust in data
- Key success factors
- Data Quality Target operating model
- Data Quality (DQ) process loop
- Coverage & Granularity
4. Enablement Strategy (30 min)
- The 5 As (Awareness, Apprehension, Acceptance, Adoption, Anchoring): How data communities are established
- Data communities
5. Challenges & use cases (30 min)
- Examination of use cases for companies which are data driven organizations in a number of industries including banking and insurance
6. Questions & answers (30 min)
Vanja Radivojevic, Senior Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Vanja is a Senior Manager leading the Data & Analytics service line, IT Advisory of KPMG in Cyprus. She holds a BBA (Finance and Investments) from Baruch College, City University of New York and an MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics from CIIM. Since she joined KPMG in 2018, Vanja participated, amongst other, in Data Analytics projects in the finance, insurance, aviation, consumer products, oil & gas, shipping industries etc. She is responsible for delivering advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to companies in Cyprus, the CIS region and Africa.
Vanja has extensive prior experience in the field of finance and investments, having worked in Private Wealth Management with Goldman Sachs & Co. in New York. She also possesses broad experience in structuring and originating debt instruments in the emerging markets, as well as in sales and marketing of financial products in Europe and New York. Her prior experience also includes production management liaising with counterparts in Asia and the Middle East to ensure quality delivery and execution of products.
Discover more courses from our KPMG Learning Suites.
Is your employer paying for your CPE seminars? Contact us on email@example.com to discuss how the employer can benefit from our offers.
- Guided Learning 6 hours
- Language English